Adult Bible Fellowship
We invite you to come and be a part of an ABF Community!
January ABF Electives:
Please join us during the month of January for these special Sunday morning classes at 9:00 & 10:30am.
Essential Doctrines of Christianity: Pastor Ric Stanghelle, Room 233
In this class we will look at the theological questions that were asked in a recent nationwide survey of evangelicals and we’ll explore what the Bible really says on these issues. Theology matters!”
Leaving a Legacy of Faith: Olin & Bev Phillips, Room 235
Grandparents of all ages (as well as other adults) are mandated by Scripture to pass on a spiritual faith legacy to future generations. We will examine these Biblical instructions and learn how to intentionally incorporate the truth of Christ and our faith stories into our relationships with grandchildren and younger generations.
The Reformation: History, Theology, & Legacy: Tom Tollefson, Room 225
This class will explore the history, theology, and significance of the Protestant Reformation. It will also examine whether the Reformation still matters today. This class will be a significant help to anyone who is interested in learning more about the key differences between Roman Catholicism and the Protestant tradition.
What is an ABF?
An ABF (Adult Bible Fellowship) is a medium sized group (15-70 people) that meets during our Sunday morning worship services. ABF’s are one of your best opportunities for connecting here at Lakes Free and for building relationships with people of a similar life stage.
How do I get involved?
ABF’s are offered during both hours on Sunday mornings. Please note the schedule below and find the group that fits you best. ABF groups are organized by life stage, but we invite you to join the group that feels most comfortable to you, regardless of age or marital status.
Please come and visit. We will be happy to welcome you! Come early for coffee, snacks and fellowship!
What happens at an ABF meeting?
- Fellowship: An ABF cultivates a warm, friendly atmosphere to meet people and provides a setting for relationships, spiritual growth, and caregiving.
- Teaching: Bible and topical studies are covered by a team of great teachers.
- Prayer: ABF’s provide time for corporate prayer for your needs and for our congregation.
- Team Led: Each ABF is led by a committed, caring ministry team made up from peers within your group.
9:00 am ABF’s
- Mosaics: Multi-Generational: comprised of singles, couples, and families. Room 235.
- Oikia: Mostly married couples & families (30’s-40’s), most with children. Room 225.
- New Horizons: Mostly married couples & families (30’s-50’s) with elementary aged children and up. Room 219.
- Crossroads: Senior adults, singles & married couples (60’s+). Room 233.
10:30 am ABF’s
- Age to Age: Multi-Generational: comprised of singles, couples, and families. Room 233.
- Kingdom Builders: Mostly married couples (50s+), some with teens, some empty nesters. Room 235.
- Common Ground: Singles, couples, and families (40’s-60’s) of various life stages. Room 225.
- Families of Faith: Young couples & families (20’s-early 30’s). Room 219.
* Descriptions above are general. Feel free to try out any of our ABF’s.