Adult Bible Fellowship
We invite you to come and be a part of an ABF Community!
January ABF Electives
A Study on Prayer: Led by Greg Whitney
In this study on prayer, we will examine: who we approach in prayer, why we are supposed to pray, what is prayer, and some practical methods of prayer. Additionally, how we can pray more effectively and some hindrances to prayer.
Intro to the Apostles’ Creed: Led by Dick Crombie
The Apostles’ Creed contains essential Christian doctrines and beliefs that summarize the gospel and make up the foundation of our faith. The creed can help us live based on good theology, and know that our faith is rooted in truth that spans past, present and future. It conveys the essence of what we confess and believe as the body of Christ.
A Tune-Up for Marriage: Recommended Maintenance from the "Owner's Manual": Led by Olin and Bev Phillips
Regardless of the stage/season of our marriage, regular "tune-ups" are a critical factor for long-term durability and satisfaction. Join us as we examine spiritual truths with practical applications to help strengthen and enhance your marriage relationship.
What is an ABF?
An ABF (Adult Bible Fellowship) is a medium sized group (15-70 people) that meets during our Sunday morning worship services. ABF’s are one of your best opportunities for connecting here at Lakes Free and for building relationships with people of a similar life stage.
How do I get involved?
ABF’s are offered during both hours on Sunday mornings. Please note the schedule below and find the group that fits you best. ABF groups are organized by life stage, but we invite you to join the group that feels most comfortable to you, regardless of age or marital status.
Please come and visit. We will be happy to welcome you! Come early for coffee, snacks and fellowship!
What happens at an ABF meeting?
- Fellowship: An ABF cultivates a warm, friendly atmosphere to meet people and provides a setting for relationships, spiritual growth, and caregiving.
- Teaching: Bible and topical studies are covered by a team of great teachers.
- Prayer: ABF’s provide time for corporate prayer for your needs and for our congregation.
- Team Led: Each ABF is led by a committed, caring ministry team made up from peers within your group.
9:00 am ABF’s
- Mosaics: Multi-Generational (18-80) comprised of singles, couples, and families. Room 235.
- Oikia: Mostly married couples & families (30’s & 40’s), most with children. Room 225.
- New Horizons: Mostly married couples & families (30’s-50’s) with elementary aged children and up. Room 219.
- Ambassadors: Senior adults, singles & married couples (60’s+). Room 233.
10:30 am ABF’s
- Age to Age: Multi-Generational (18-80) comprised of singles, couples, and families. Room 219.
- Kingdom Builders: Married couples and singles (50's & 60's) of various life stages. Room 235.
- Common Ground: Singles, couples, and families (40’s-60’s) of various life stages. Room 233.
- Family of Faith: Young adults, couples & families (20’s-30’s). Room 225.
* Descriptions above are general. Feel free to try out any of our ABF’s.