Sermon Notes: Jan. 3, 2020
The Light Reveals
The Light Reveals…
- Our False Hope
- The Marks of Our True Ancestry
A Child of Satan/Flesh:
- Seek to murder (vv. 37, 40, 44, 59)
- Cannot bear to hear His words (v. 43)
- Do not stand in the truth (v. 44)
- Do not believe the truth (v. 45, 46)
2 Corinthians 4:4
Romans 3:23; 6:23
Being a Child of God/Spirit:
- His word finds a place in you (vv. 37, 43, 47, 51, 55)
- Do as Abraham did (vv. 39, 56)
- Love Jesus (v. 42)
- Believe Him (vv. 45, 46)
- Give honor and glory Him and the Father (vv. 49, 50, 54)
- Knows the Father and Son (v. 55)
John 3:16; John 10:10
- An Offer of Hope
- A Bold Declaration!
Sermon Discussion Questions
Questions for Reflection:
- How have you been challenged / encouraged by the last couple weeks of our study “Light of the World,” the Gospel of John, found in John 7:1-8:36?
- In your life, what are some of the things that you have put your trust in for security? How have you found them not to fulfill?
Questions for Discussion:
- What does Jesus say are the marks of a child of God?
- How has God challenged you with today’s teaching? Is there an action step that you need to take today?