Welcome to Lakes Free Online!
Thanks for joining us! Our Sunday message will be streamed here each week at 10:30am.
Are you new to Lakes Free? Please take a moment and fill out our digital connect card. We would love to connect with you this week and say thank you for worshipping with us.
Vacation Bible School
Cost: $10 (includes T-shirt)
*Daily activities will be held primarily outdoors. In the event of inclement weather, VBS will be cancelled for the day. You will be notified by 7:00am.
July 7, 14 & 21
For current 5th-7th grade students
Service projects in the morning, fun activity in the afternoon
Pizza with the Pastors
Sunday, May 23, 11:50am
Youth Center Patio
Are you new to Lakes Free? Interested in learning more about the church and how to connect? Join us for lunch and welcome reception. Meet the staff and find out more about our ministries.
The Darkest Night – The Brightest Glory
- The glory of God’s plan (v. 18-30)
- The glory of God’s Son (v. 31-33)
“In the cross we learn more about God’s excellence than in any other moment in history. In the death of Jesus, we see God’s holiness and love, righteousness and mercy, justice and grace, sovereignty and humility, wisdom and patience. If we want to understand God, we must study the cross.” – Matt Carter, Exalting Jesus in John
Ephesians 1:20-23 (And God “seated him at his right hand…”)
- The glory of God’s will (v. 34-35)
How is John 13:34-35 a new commandment (i.e. Leviticus 19:18)?
- New object = the Church
- New standard = Jesus
- New goal = our testimony to the world
1 Corinthians 13:4-8a
- The glory of God’s grace (v. 36-38)
Sermon Discussion Questions
Questions for Reflection:
- How does recognizing God’s sovereignty in the events of Jesus’ betrayal bring us hope for today?
- What difference does reflecting on Christ’s love for us make when seeking to live out the Lord’s command in John 13:34-35?
Questions for Discussion:
- What was Jesus’ goal in his revelation to his disciples in vs. 18-19?
- How is the cross the ultimate display of God’s glory to humanity? What encouragement does recognizing Jesus’ glorification give us for life today?
- What is the potential, for good or for bad, in our response to John 13:34-35 as a church? How are we doing in honoring this command?
- What encouragements do you take away from knowing the rest of the story following Jesus’ rebuke of Peter?
Thank you for your support! Click the button below to give online
Fill out the form and let us know you’ve made a decision. We’d love to connect you with a pastor.