We envision a mission focused church, enabled by the Holy Spirit to fulfill our unique role in completing the Great Commission, through the equipping of laborers, intercessory prayer, strategic partnerships, sending and supporting of short, mid and long-term missionaries in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and to the remotest parts of the earth.
“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”
How can you be involved?
- Take the time to learn about our missionaries.
- Sign up to receive e-mail updates from our missionaries.
- Pray for our missionaries (their e-mails provide specific requests).
- Join us for our quarterly Prayer Potlucks.
- Join a short term mission team – several overseas options each year.
- Join one of our local/inner city outreaches – a number of options during the year.
- Support one or more of our missionaries financially.
- Buy a cup of coffee at our Lakes Café on Sunday morning to support our featured mission partner.
How is Lakes Free involved?
- A minimum of 10% of Lakes Free’s overall budget is committed to missions.
- We support approximately 30 missionaries and ministries in various countries around the world.
- We have an exciting sister church relationship with a church in rural Guatemala.
- We have partnered with others to bring the Gospel to an unreached people group in a closed access Asian country.
- Our pastors are helping to provide training to national pastors in several countries around the world.
- We continue to encourage, train, send out, and support missionaries and ministries from our church.
- We provide various types of opportunities for members of all ages to be involved in missions locally, nationally, and internationally.