What is Stephen Ministry?
Stephen Ministry is a program of our church that equips lay people to provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing all kinds of life needs and circumstances.
A Stephen Minister is…
- A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting.
- A layperson who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care.
- A caring, Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages.
- Someone who will “be there” for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there’s a need.
Who might benefit from a Stephen Minister?
- Loss of a loved one
- Divorce or Separation
- Spiritual Crisis
- Unemployment or Job Crisis
- Chronic/Terminal Illness
- New to the Community
- And Many More
How can I find out more?
If you could use a caring friend and listening ear while you work through a difficult time in your life, a Stephen Minister would like to be there for you. (Remember to ask for permission before reporting any friend’s need.)
To find out more about Stephen Ministry or to receive a Stephen Minister’s care, fill out the confidential form below.
Request More Info
Once your form is submitted, our Stephen Ministry Director, Bev Phillips will be in touch with you.